[game_edu] Why define a game? (was Re: Definition of a Game)

Richard Fleming rflemin1 at jccc.edu
Sun Dec 13 09:39:21 EST 2009

Well, it makes for an excellent take-home final question. I avoided defining what a game is during the semester, and just asked my game design students to tell me what a game is, now that they've been studying how to make one for a semester. I then asked them to give me an example of something they consider a game, and something they don't consider a game, and justify the classification using their definition. Personally I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of answers I get.

Richard Fleming