[game_edu] Clint Hocking, Jason Rohrer and more coming to SCAD Savannah

Brenda Brathwaite bbrathwaite2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 20 08:29:09 EST 2009

For those of you on the east coast, we've just put up our conference info for GDX in Savannah on April 16-17. Registration is only $50 for the general public for two days.

Speakers are still being announced (as I get their bios and profiles in), but the line up is impressive already:
* Keynote Day 1: Jason Rohrer
* Keynote Day 2: Clint Hocking
* Audio Keynote: George "The Fat Man" Sanger
* Susanne Meiler (lead environment artist, Destineer)
* Mark Nelson (game designer and writer, Big Huge Games)
* Jason Arnone (art manager, Harmonix)
* Chris Rickwood (audio designer, musician, Rickwood Music)
* Ian Bogost (designer, critic, voracious book writer, GA Tech)
* Jon Jones (game artist, outsourcing expert)
* Lee Sheldon (game designer and writer, independent)
* Richard Dansky (designer and writer, Red Storm)
* Darius Kazemi (metrics guru and guy in orange shirt, Orbus Gameworks)
* Ian Schreiber (game designer and all purpose geek, Free Rule Design)
More are still to be announced. If you're within driving distance of SCAD, please come join us. Well
over 90% of the speakers are regular presenters at the Game Developers
Conference, and you'll find nothing else like this in the south.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Brenda