[game_edu] Sydney and Melbourne: motion capture demonstration tour at educational institutes

carl carl at measurand.com
Tue Jan 6 13:38:53 EST 2009

social gamesMyself and a colleague will be traveling to Sydney and Melbourne
on a motion capture demonstration tour between the 17th and 25th
of January.

Maybe some of your 3D animation schools would interested in a demonstration
of real time motion capture? You can contact me directly at carl at measurand.com

I would show both students and instructors real time mocap recording in
MotionBuilder using our portable motion capture suit. From there I would demonstrate how
to apply the motion data to a character using Maya, 3Dmax or XSI and MotionBuilder and export the
data to a game engine and trigger the motion capture data such as the Source engine.
I can definitely talk on how to integrated motion capture in your current 3d aimation and
3d gaming curriculum.

And finally, I will be bringing along some completed examples of 3d games that one of my
previous classes did using XSI, MotionBuilder and the Source engine.

Regards,
Carl Callewaert