[game_edu] Daily/Weekly Website

Malcolm Ryan malcolmr at cse.unsw.edu.au
Mon Jan 12 19:58:39 EST 2009

On 13/01/2009, at 11:48 AM, corvus.elrod at zakelro.com wrote:

> There's been a lot of discussion among the bloggers mentioned in that

> list about the fragmentation. Sadly, we haven't been able to settle on

> a means of unifying our presentation that pleases everybody.

Well, we don't strictly need to have one solution for everybody. Even
a little bit of consolidation would help. I like the idea of group
blogs with multiple authors such as Game Set Watch and Gamasutra. I
guess they begin to take on the model of the newspaper or magazine,
with multiple authors contributing different columns. Perhaps a few of
us should start an academic game design theory site.

Of course, I acknowledge that I would be reluctant to lose my personal
blog, but then again there's no reason not to have both. I know that
Gamasutra contributors often repost or reference their articles in
their personal blogs.

> We have been hanging out on IRC recently talking about design,

> criticism, etc. It does wonders for us behind the scenes (not to

> mention reducing Twitter's server load), if nothing for us out front.

Where and when? I'd be interested in joining the discussion.

Malcolm