[game_edu] Puttinh together a Gaming Convention

AkramTaghavi-Burris ataghaviburris at occc.edu
Thu Jan 22 10:03:20 EST 2009

Hi Nic,
Yes we plan to work with some local game societies and retailers to
sponsor a game competition and perhaps even a LAN party.
No there is no local game developers in the area, that's one reason we
put on the event. We want the outside world to know that we at the
Oklahoma City Community College provide students with a degree in Game
Design and have a growing job force here. We hope that more companies
would look to us for graduates as their future employees and perhaps the
idea of establishing an industry here in Oklahoma.

Thanks for the ideas,
--Akram Taghavi-Burris