[game_edu] Virtual Worlds Workshop in August

Sheldon, Lee clsheldo at indiana.edu
Wed Jun 3 10:34:43 EDT 2009

Edward Castronova and I are running an intensive weeklong workshop here at Indiana University for schools and corporations interested in virtual worlds August 3-7, 2009. Keynote speakers are Rich Vogel, Co-Director of Bioware's Austin Studio, currently developing Star Wars: The Old Republic, the $80 million MMO; and Ron Meiners, community support expert formerly with Multiverse. Our advisory board includes Richard Bartle, Raph Koster, Gordon Walton and J. Leighton Read and Byron Reeves, co-authors of the upcoming book "Games At Work: How Games and Virtual Worlds are Changing the Way People Work and Businesses Compete"<http://www.amazon.com/Games-Work-Virtual-Changing-Businesses/dp/142214657X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233342623&sr=8-1>

Here is the website: vw2.indiana.edu.

Lee Sheldon
Assistant Professor
Department of Telecommunications
Indiana University
www.anti-linearlogic.com
Character Development and Storytelling for Games(Cengage/Course Technology)