[game_edu] Fourth Annual I/ITSEC Serious Games Showcase & Challenge Call for Serious Games Entries

S. Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 15:10:34 EDT 2009

The
Fourth Annual I/ITSEC Serious Games Showcase & Challenge
Call for Serious Games Entries

http://www.iitsec.org/; http://www.sgschallenge.com
November 30 - December 3, 2009, Orlando, Florida, USA

Serious Game developers are invited to submit their original
PC-based serious game to the Fourth Annual I/ITSEC Serious Games
Showcase & Challenge. The goal of the Serious Games Showcase &
Challenge is to promote innovative game-based solutions to training
problems. Finalists in the Serious Game Showcase & Challenge will be
selected by a panel of serious games leaders in the military,
industry, and academic fields, and will be invited to showcase their
serious game at I/ITSEC 2009, where over 17,000 attendees will view
and vote on each of the finalists.
The Challenge is open to a wide range of contestants;
categories include student, government, and business. Prizes will be
awarded to top contestants in those categories. Entered games can
include modifications to existing games and virtual worlds as well as
original development. All entries will be judged in four primary
areas: Use of Gaming Characteristics, Solution to a Stated Problem;
Technical Quality; and Playability/Usability. For the purpose of the
Challenge, entries will be considered a serious game if they have
gaming attributes, involve an assigned challenge, and employ some
form of positive and/or negative reward system.

Check www.sgschallenge.com for important details.

--
Susan Gold
Skype: tahoegold

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
Oscar Wilde