[game_edu] Oklahoma Electronic Game Expo

Taghavi-Burris, Akram ataghaviburris at occc.edu
Sun Mar 1 08:52:09 EST 2009

Speaking about Oklahoma and community colleges, the Oklahoma City Community College will be holding the 2nd annual Oklahoma Electronic Game Expo (OEGE), Saturday April 11, 2009.
This event started out as small affair and was set up by our student organization, since then it's grown and our whole department has had to get involved.

OEGE highlights Oklahoma as a creative outlet for not only video games but all forms of digital art. Oklahoma is an ideal location for developing gaming and other digital art productions and the Oklahoma City Community College offers degrees in a variety of areas including, computer animation, multimedia , game design, web design, graphic design, film and video production; providing Oklahoma with the creative and talented workforce for these very industries.

OEGE is free and open to the public, all event funds come directly from the exhibitor fees and fees for entering the game tournament. A portion of the game tournament fees will be donated to Child’s Play Charity (http://www.childsplaycharity.org/) while the rest of the fees and that of the exhibitor fees will be used to build next years event, and hopefully pay for our students to attend international computer graphics and game conventions, such as ACM SigGraph

If you'll be in the area on April 11, drop by the event, also we are still looking for exhibitors, sponsors, donations and guest speakers. If your interested in exhibiting, sponsoring, donating or speaking, please review the following forms: http://oege.catblog.occc.edu/wordpress/wp-content/blogs.dir/4/files/Info/2009_ExhibitorInfo.pdf

For more general information visit our website at: http://oege.catblog.occc.edu/wordpress/

Remember that the goal is to get video game and other creative industries to look at Oklahoma to build their business.

Thanks for your support.

P.S. any suggestions and ideas for the event are welcome!

-- Ms. Akram Taghavi-Burris
Professor of Computer Aided Technology
Program Director of CAT : Game Design

Oklahoma City Community College