[game_edu] Game Engines

Joel Gonzales joel at lowpolycount.com
Fri Mar 6 17:53:50 EST 2009

As Ian suggested, Discussing Not Invented Here is always a good topic in
computer science. As for using an engine in a curriculum, it depends on
what your goal is. Having one means that students spend more time making
the game instead of how to display something to the screen or handling
collisions. Still, that experience is useful because no engine will give
you everything you need. RIT has a process that I think works. They gave
you an engine when you start the curriculum and slowly take it away as
your progress through your classes.

-J
http://www.lowpolycount.com