[game_edu] So many things going on....

S. Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Fri May 29 08:36:52 EDT 2009

The next couple of weeks are jammed packed and I think you will see we are
trying to cover a lot of territory:

1. US ­ Game Education Summit
2. Europe ­ Festival of Games
3. E3

I know we do not have any official BOF¹s happening @ GES, but we have a lot
of sessions at the upcoming conference in Pittsburgh. Ian Schreiber is going
to be there to do a session on the EdSIG and innovative classroom
techniques. The EdSIG has been very busy behind the scenes, so he will have
a lot to share on the resources we will have available to you over the next
few months. He will also be able to answer any questions on the Global Game
Jam.

I think the IGDA track is going to be amazing, but the other tracks they
have developed for GES look really solid.

GES is June 16-17 in Pittsburgh and you can sign-up using the EDUSIG2009
discount code. http://www.gameeducationsummit.com/ges-registration-c-1.html

I am going to be in Utrecht at the Festival of Games (June 6-13).
http://www.festivalofgames.nl/fog/ and I will be doing a session on the
EdSIG & GGJ. So please come to my session.

I am not sure if you know, but Utrecht had the 2nd largest GGJ site.

If you are going to be attending, please drop me a line and we¹ll try to
meet while there.

Next week is E3 and it is not a big educator draw. However, if you are going
we can try to set-up a BOF. I just need to know how many of you are
attending. So please drop me a line and I will try to set it up.

This is going to be an incredible summer of professional development and I
hope you are taking advantage of all of these great sessions around the
globe.

Susan

--
Susan Gold
Skype: tahoegold

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
Oscar Wilde