[game_edu] Doctorate in Game Design / Development

Susan Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 09:58:38 EST 2009

There are only 3 PhD programs that I am aware of - 1) IT Copenhagen;
2) University of Teeside; 3) University of Utrecht.

I believe all of them are research degrees. I am pretty sure you don't
have to be on campus to do the work, but you will have to contact them
directly.

Susan

On Nov 25, 2009, at 8:53 AM, Marc Hess (225) wrote:

> Greetings,

> Is anyone aware or familiar with any such degree offering?

> Especially one that is offered almost exclusively online or can be

> taken remotely? Or perhaps there are institutions that offer the

> flexibility for the student to "create" the degree? If not

> specifically game design and/or development, then perhaps something

> related to interactive design and/or development?

> Thank you,

> Marc

Susan Gold
In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom!
- J. G. Ballard