[game_edu] GDC 2010 Game Education Summit / Global Game Jam 2010

Susan Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 14:21:25 EST 2009

Everyone I am really excited about the EDU Summit this year. Our theme
is collaboration and I have some incredible speakers lined up like
Kellee Santiago from thatvideogamecompany, Miah Slaczka & Marius
Fahlbusch of Scribblenauts as keynotes. We have a lot planned like a
Creativity Workshop by Jessica Hammer, I think everyone will find this
year's GDC super exciting filled with many takeaways for you to bring
home. Please note that GDC has lowered their prices, which is great
news. I know it is still a pricey ticket, but the benefits of
attending are tremendous for any educator or researcher with a passion
for games. I have to say IMHO this is the best opportunity to learn
from and meet industry luminaries. They are accessible, open to
academics and the knowledge gained here is invaluable, we hope to be
doing another industry lunch.

http://gdconf.com - more on the Education Summit as Think-Services
unveils the summits.

I am just signing up the 100th location for the Global Game Jam. Can
you imagine, 100 locations will be confirmed on the site? That means
an estimated 3000+ developers making games in one weekend - probably
700 some odd new games made. GGJ wants to include everyone, so please,
if you are sitting on the fence about doing GGJ, contact me and we'll
talk you down. It will be one of the most exciting game related events
of the year. To boot, it will bring students and professionals
together from around the world. We have a lot planned, great keynote
lined up and many surprises.

info at globalgamejam.org

Susan

--
Susan Gold
In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom!