[game_edu] Eludamos. Journal for Computer Game Culture"

Susan Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 19:37:15 EDT 2009

Dear colleagues and friends of the game research community,
We are happy to announce that the new edition of "Eludamos. Journal
for Computer Game Culture" is now online.

The “perspectives” section is dealing with diverse topics such as game
localization, the evolution of videogame genres, tools for game
analysis and the premature burial of interactive movies.

The articles include (a.o.) critical readings of games, reflections on
game literacy, the player-avatar relationship, contemporary cultural
attitudes in alien shooters and the results of a long term study on
multiplayer gamers.

Call for Papers

The new call for papers for "Eludamos. Journal for Computer Game
Culture" is now open, and again, we cordially invite submissions
dealing with everything that is relevant to the field of game studies.

All articles undergo a double blind peer review process except for
papers submitted to the game review section. We expect all submissions
to be in English and accept full papers only. For further
specifications about our submission guidelines please consult http://www.eludamos.org
.

Call for Section Editor and Proof Readers

We are happy to announce that since its initiation three years ago,
not just Eludamos’ readership but also its submission numbers have
grown steadily. Thus we are looking to expand the ranks of our editors
and proof-readers. Please note that all positions are honorary.

We are specifically looking for a book review editor. The editor’s
responsibility would be to identify “hot topics” and to solicit
reviews of new publications that deal with them.

We are also hoping to attract two volunteers for copy editing / proof
reading.

Please send a short statement of interest via e-mail to the following
address: ajahn2 at uni-goettingen.de

As always, we invite you to spread the word, post the announcement on
your blogs, send it to your colleagues and students and nail it to the
door of your local temple ;-)

yours truly,

Doris

Dr. Doris C. Rusch
Postdoctoral Researcher
Singapore-MIT GAMBIT Game Lab

77 Massachusetts Ave
Bldng NE25 Room 383
Cambridge, MA 02139
--
Susan Gold
In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom!