[game_edu] Global Game Jam 2010

Susan Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 23:32:26 EDT 2009

As many of you know, the Global Game Jam will be happening again,
January 29-31, 2010. We are actively looking for new locations to host
this year, we expect to triple in size, we already have 70 locations
signed-up. This is an incredible experience for students to expand
their skill set, meet new people and give them an opportunity to
create a game. Last year, lives were changed, jobs found, ideas sold,
collaborations and opportunities abound. GGJ brings together talented
individuals and teams from around the globe and rallies them around a
central theme, for which they have 48 hours to create their game. To
sign up your studio/lab/school please look over the following specs
for what is needed and email us at: future at globalgamejam.org

Physical space to comfortably seat participants
Internet access (either wired or wireless) for all participants
Access to common game development tools and/or ability to download and
install software
Local IT support in case of problems with computers or internet
connectivity
At least one local official organizer to coordinate the event **
Access to all space and computing resources around the clock over the
weekend of January 29-31, 2010*
Coffee and Beverages & easy access to food
An auditorium space to do a post Jam presentation on Sunday, January
31st
Security (safeguard against theft, etc…)
*We prefer your location was open for the entire 48 hours but we can
accommodate those that can not, it is just less time for your site
participants to make their games.

** The organizer must be a part of all email correspondence,
participate on basecamp and oblige us with meeting all due dates.

The GGJ will provide you with tools to organize your local event,
hands on guidance before & during the Global Game Jam, a web page on
the GGJ site, local & international promotion of the event, swag, etc…

Please contact me with any questions. We have an organizers area set
up for you to meet and work with others who are hosting. We will
assist you in creating the best experience at your location.

Susan

--
Susan Gold
In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom!