[game_edu] Advice on technology transfer in academia

Bertozzi, Elena G bertozze at uww.edu
Wed Dec 15 13:59:27 EST 2010

Hello List,

My lab has completed three games with grant funding and we would like to be able to market them and produce revenue that can return to our university and fund more projects.

The only model for technology transfer in Wisconsin at the moment is that we create a private company that markets the games and returns some of the revenue to the non-profit funding organization which then gives some back to the university. We would prefer a more direct route - but universities (as non-profits) cannot sell products for profit. Any information about universities that have a different model for doing this would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Elena

Elena Bertozzi, PhD. Associate Professor
Media Arts & Game Development
University of Wisconsin at Whitewater
McGraw 104 - tel. 262.472.1725
bertozze at uww.edu www.ardeaarts.org uww.edu/games playexpo.org