[game_edu] IGDA Education Connect 2011 / GDC Scholarships Deadline (Jan. 6th) / IGDA Global Game Jam (January 28th)

Gordon Bellamy gbellamy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 11:55:02 EST 2010

Happy New Year. I am Gordon Bellamy, the Executive Director of the
International Game Developers Association.

IGDA Education Connect is a major new initiative for 2011. It encompasses
exclusive professional content and curriculum development support for
faculty and their institutions (IGDA Education Partners) and professional
development programs, "breaking in" events and support for undergraduate and
graduate students (IGDA Student Clubs).
To participate and learn more, please visit:

http://www.igda.org/education

Upcoming Deadline -- January 6th
Please let your students know that the deadline for the IGDA 2011 Game
Developers Conference Scholarships is in one week. We are selecting 25
students for this year's honor. We are looking for the best, brightest and
most committed to a future of advancement in the game industry. This year
we’re placing extra emphasis on volunteerism. Now is the chance for your
students to receive an All Access Pass to GDC 2011 in San Francisco
(February 28th - March 4th), mentorship from an experienced IGDA developer
and a local studio tour.

http://www.igda.org/scholarships

Lastly, on January 28th, we hope that you will join us for the Global Game
Jam. In collaboration with ACM, Autodesk, Intel and IGN/Gamespy
Technologies, at 140 locations in 41 countries, faculty, students and
industry professionals will be creating video, board and card games.

http://www.globalgamejam.org

20 years ago when I was an undergrad at Harvard, we did not have academic
thought leaders like you helping to craft and understand the future of our
industry, and we did not have an IGDA. Please take this opportunity to
follow one of the links above and join our over 10,000 game industry
professionals across the globe in growing this craft with us in 2011.

Thank you for your consideration, we hope to collaborate with you in the
year ahead

Gordon

--
Gordon Bellamy
Executive Director

c) 818 472 7283
skype) gordonbellamy
International Game Developers Association
Website: http://www.igda.org
Facebook: http://j.mp/IGDAfb
Email: gordon at igda.org