[game_edu] Publishing a Game

Bangsberg, Keld kbangsberg at aii.edu
Tue Feb 16 13:10:51 EST 2010

I think Ian covered this very well.

My two cents are that console manufacturers / publishers historically are the gate keepers to what gets released on their platform. Like so many other industries, track record and well developed relationships go a long ways toward successfully getting any type of publishing deal - without both of those factors in place it is very difficult to jump to a console deal outside of XBLA, iTunes, etc.

With that said, I think we have entered a time of renewed opportunity for indie publishing, at least outside of the traditional console model.

Would be curious to hear more about how this progresses for you.

Best,

Keld

Keld Bangsberg
Art Institute of Portland