[game_edu] Student IP Ownership

Gregory Walek gwalek at ccsnh.edu
Wed Jul 14 11:27:05 EDT 2010

I'm working on establishing IP rules regarding student work created in
our department.

What I'm looking for:
* Examples where students retain rights to monetize their work.
* Examples on how to deal with IP ownership when work is created in
team.

This is what I'm not looking for:
* A discussion of who retains rights and why. I've already have a goal
and trying to target it.
* Examples of where the school retains all rights on the work. (As most
graduate schools do.)
* Art school examples (such as studio commission policies) do not help
me.

A tangent of this issue, has the Education Sig worked on any of these
issues yet? Do we have a collection of policies \ types of policies that
exist.

Gregory Walek
NHTI AGGP