[game_edu] Game Education Summit North America

Suzanne Freyjadis suzanne at gamepathevents.com
Wed May 5 14:38:50 EDT 2010

Hi,

I just wanted to let everyone on the Edu SIG know what is happening with the
upcoming Game Education Summit North America. I am really excited about our
speakers and sessions this year and I hope that I can get to see many of you
there!

The Game Education Summit North America
<http://www.gameeducationsummit.com/> will take place this year at the USC
School of Cinematic Arts Interactive Media Division on June 15-16. There
will be 3 tracks and 15 sessions each day and amazing keynotes by Chris
Swain the Director of the USC Games Institute and Nicole Lazzaro, President
of XEO Design Inc.

As a member of the IGDA Edu SIG you can use the discount code IGDAGESUS to
save 15% and register by clicking HERE
<http://www.gameeducationsummit.com/register/GES-USA-2010/> .

The Game Education Summit will have sessions that are relevant to ALL Game
Education Programs. Whether your program is just starting or well
established there are sessions that will help make your program even more
successful. You can view the complete schedule of sessions HERE
<http://www.gameeducationsummit.com/ges-northamerica-2010-program-tracks/Ser
ious%20Games%20Track> .

This year's tracks are Curriculum
<http://www.gameeducationsummit.com/ges-northamerica-2010-program-tracks/Cur
riculum%20Track> Design that has sessions featuring cutting edge
developments in curriculum as well as implementation of the IGDA framework.
Technology
<http://www.gameeducationsummit.com/ges-northamerica-2010-program-tracks/Tec
hnology%20and%20Management%20Track> and Management that focuses on game
development, assessment and management. There will also be an amazing IGDA
<http://www.gameeducationsummit.com/ges-northamerica-2010-program-tracks/IGD
A%20Track> Track put together by the outstanding Susan Gold that will focus
on curriculum development, the Global Game Jam, ethics and prototyping. Game
<http://www.gameeducationsummit.com/ges-northamerica-2010-program-tracks/Gam
e%20Design%20Track> Design has several outstanding sessions on various
aspects of game design including new technologies. Serious
<http://www.gameeducationsummit.com/ges-northamerica-2010-program-tracks/Ser
ious%20Games%20Track> Games has sessions that focus on the relevance of
serious games for research as well as technological advancement and the ways
these games can be utilized in the classroom and as a career avenue for
students.

Attendees and speakers include faculty from Community Colleges as well as 4
Year Universities all with a common goal of giving their students the best
program possible!

For more information, including discounted hotel rates, visit the website at
<http://www.gameeducationsummit.com> www.gameeducationsummit.com!

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Best,

Suzanne

Suzanne Freyjadis

Director