[game_edu] New Demographics Report?

Casey ODonnell caseyod at uga.edu
Tue Nov 23 19:36:49 EST 2010

The student was Adam Gourdin, who at the time (~2005) was an Anthropology Undergrad at Grinnell College. I'm not sure what has happened to him since and only have his .edu email. My correspondence with him indicated that he was pursuing graduate school (I was hoping to recruit him to my graduate program), but that doesn't mean much, and I didn't hear from him after that.

I did chat with Jason about it back then, and we agreed that the data is dying for some better analysis. I used some of the open-ended answer data in my dissertation, which is very interesting in terms of conceptions of difference/diversity.

But, Adam would of course have a better sense of how much work was involved (man-hours) than anyone else... Though there was probably an element of learning curve involved too.

I like the idea of returning to the original survey and modifying it (or not) and re-administering with a bit more direction in terms of analytical goals.

Cheers.
Casey

--
Casey O'Donnell, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Telecommunications

http://www.caseyodonnell.org