[game_edu] Revamped IGDA Student SIG

KENNETH KLEINER KLEINERK at faytechcc.edu
Tue Sep 28 18:57:10 EDT 2010

I have a Game Developers club at our school and would like to see what
happens with the new student SIG. We are having a meeting later this
week to discuss becoming affiliated with IGDA.

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the
North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties
by an authorized state official. (G.S. § 132-1 et. seq.) If you are not
the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this email or any attachment is prohibited. If
you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by
replying to the sender and deleting this copy and the reply from your
system. Thank you for your cooperation.

>>> On 9/27/2010 at 7:26 PM, in message

<F6B65417-9503-4985-B3C4-8CB3B6F04D43 at igda.org>, Jack Bogdan
<jack at igda.org> wrote:
Hey Everyone,

My name is Jack Bogdan and I'm trying to revitalize the Student SIG and
take a new approach to the way the org handles students.

I've created a Facebook group for students to get involved here:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=156271777724753&ref=ts
I would appreciate it if you could forward the URL along to those in
your respective programs.

We're working on a new method to organize students that replaces the
old and un-updated Student Clubs section. To get a sense of what's in
store, the basic idea revolves around 3 student voted groups in each
school: 1 to handle school and regional events / reporting, 1 to handle
chapter / Squadron (volunteer) work, and 1 to report to the main org
with ideas and updates. The next stage is to flesh out a foundation and
provide structure / benefits that student groups can plug right in to.

Please send feedback, suggestions, observations, etc!

Thanks for your help,
Jack