[game_edu] Global IGDA Scholarships @ E3 Deadline; THIS Friday April 29th, 2011

Gordon Bellamy gordon at igda.org
Mon Apr 25 13:39:00 EDT 2011

The deadline for 2011 Global IGDA Scholarships @ E3 is this Friday,
April 29th, 2011. www.igda.org/scholarships to apply

There are also global scholarships for CEDEC (Japan), ChinaJoy
(China), IGDA Summit(Seattle), IGDA Leadership Europe (Copenhagen) ,
and IGDA Leadership US (Los Angeles)

Undergraduate and Graduate Level Students are eligible.

If you have any questions, please contact Jack Bogdan, jack at igda.org.

Thank you for your participation and continued support of academic excellence,

Gordon

Gordon Bellamy | Executive Director, IGDA
Contact | gordon at igda.org | +1 (818) 472-7283 | Skype: gordonbellamy |
Twitter | Facebook

The IGDA Scholars program has been an incredible resource to brilliant
students for the past 8 years. Historically, the program has been
built around GDC, offering a single studio tour, an industry mentor
for the week, and all access to the event. This year, we're shaking
things up by announcing 5 additional conferences! We're hoping that
through close collaboration with the industry, we can make the scholar
experience that much more special.

Our goals include:
Multiple Studio Tours
Industry Mentorship
Event Access
Unique enriching experiences

As an example, below you'll find our 2011 GDC Scholar Schedule . The
scholars included 8 women and 17 men from 7 nations and 4 continents
Monday, February 28th

9AM - Pickup GDC All-Accesss passes
10AM - Double Fine Tour

2PM - LucasArts Tour
Tour of Campus
Presentation from University Relations
Panel Discussion

5PM - Playdom Talk

Wednesday, March 2nd

Noon - Zynga Lunch
Lulu Restaurant

2:50PM - Update on PlayStation Move Development
Sony, on top of giving the Scholars time with John McCutchan, a lead
researcher behind the PlayStation Move, provided a private booth
tour to those interested post talk. Scholars received early access to
the Move.me PlayStation Move development program.
Thursday, March 3rd

9AM - Epic Games Booth Tour

10:30AM - Microsoft Games Studios Booth Tour
Microsoft provided scholars with an Xbox 360 and Kinect bundle.

Friday, March 4th

9:30AM - Student SIG Meeting
Room 114, North Hall
Cryptozoic and OnLive also participated by providing WoW Trading Card
Decks & OnLive Micro-consoles respectively.