[game_edu] New IGDA Scholars applications due June 20th! www.igda.org/scholarships

Gordon Bellamy gbellamy at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 05:27:42 EDT 2011

Hi

I am Gordon Bellamy, Executive Director of the International Game
Developers Association (IGDA).  In 2011, we have expanded our long
running scholars program from GDC-San Francisco, to include E3-Los
Angeles, IGDA Summit Seattle, ChinaJoy (Shanghai), CEDEC (Tokyo), IGDA
Leadership Europe (Copenhagen) and IGDA Leadership (US).    Please
share the link:  www.igda.org/scholarships with your colleagues and
students, because we want to ensure that all students have access to
this unique program.

These scholarships provide a once in a lifetime opportunity for the
world's best and brightest, Ph.d, Graduate and Undergraduate students
who have shown both
high achievement in game development and volunteerism to receive
exclusive studio tours, first access to development kits and programs,
job recruitment, private mentorship and lectures from game industry
leaders.   Here are a couple of examples from our GDC & E3 Scholars
which will hopefully inspire your student community,
altdevblogaday.org/2011/06/12/the-igda-and-the-e3-trip/.
http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/05/12/move-me-developer-talks-about-building-drivers-for-the-playstation-move/

Applicants may come from all fields of study and craft and must be
IGDA members (student or professional).

This program has been strongly embraced by the game industry:

2011 Game Industry Supporters of the program include:

Microsoft
Autodesk
Zynga
Electronic Arts
Ubisoft
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Nintendo
Sledgehammer Games
Activision
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
Jerry Bruckheimer Games
SEGA
Konami
THQ
Bethesda Softworks
Epic Games
Playdom
WB Games
2K Games
Doublefine Games
Onlive
LucasArts
CAA
EA Los Angeles
Rockstar Games

www.igda.org/education provides a road map of our annual program.  It
would be great to have your program's participation and support.

thank you for your consideration and feedback,

Gordon

--
Gordon Bellamy | Executive Director, IGDA
Contact | gordon at igda.org | +1 (818) 472-7283 | Skype: gordonbellamy |