[game_edu] Brenda Braithwaite's game_edu rant at GDC

Pete[r] Landwehr plandweh at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Mar 4 10:55:53 EST 2011

Hey all,

Just wanted to point out this brief post from RockPaperShotgun last
year: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/02/23/no-programmer-no-problem-artist-only-games/
Small games made by a class of students are not the best model for
games made by industry, but it's a nice indicator of what people with
minimal coding experience can create at present, & is nice food for
thought as to where we'll be in ten years. (Now we could get into a
long, rambling discussion of the limitations placed on designers when
they don't roll their own engines or rendering software, I suppose...)

Best,

pml