[game_edu] Brenda Braithwaite's game_edu rant at GDC

Mike Reddy Mike.Reddy at newport.ac.uk
Tue Mar 8 05:45:56 EST 2011

I dabbled with a game programming summer course last year, and know that Ian Schreiber and I discussed him (us?) running a game programming summer course, building on his game design and game balance courses in previous years. Any designers reading this, or those who think that Brenda has a point, might consider setting aside a few hours a week for the Summer, if they want to dip into programming this year. Do you think that there would be interest in this?

Personally, I think that comments about systems thinking and the creativity of constraint are excellent enablers.

Mike