[game_edu] Seeking volunteers to take an online study about conflict in fictional stories

Stephen Ware sgware at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 16:01:23 EST 2011

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

My name is Stephen G. Ware, and I am studying computational models of
storytelling at the North Carolina State University Liquid Narrative
Research Group.  I am writing to solicit volunteers to take an online
survey about conflict in fictional stories.  Your participation will
help us to advance the science behind automatic story generation.

The survey involves a short tutorial followed by reading 3 fictional
stories.  You will be asked to mark all the conflicts that you notice
in the stories using a simple interactive interface.  Depending on
your reading speed, we estimate that it will take between 30 and 45
minutes to complete.

Participants must be 18 years old or older and be able to read English.

http://webplan.csc.ncsu.edu/modcon/

Please consider participating in this study.  Thank you for taking the
time to read this!

Sincerely,

Stephen G. Ware

Graduate Research Assistant