[game_edu] Implications of students going into a male-dominatedindustry?

Steven Yau mail at stevenyau.co.uk
Tue Sep 20 05:08:38 EDT 2011

Thank god. I thought I was the only one thinking this. We shouldn't
shut the door on diversity but at the same time, we shouldn't
encourage to the point on bordering on quotas for a
male/female/diversity ratio.

This has been mentioned before in the education area at Games:Edu a
few years ago where children should be introduced to the possibilities
of what STEM subjects can lead to as early as possible (Secondary/High
school). College/University is far too late and by introducing it
earlier encourage more people of all diversities earlier before they
encounter all the perceptions of the industries.

Steven