[game_edu] GDC with Students

Darius Kazemi darius.kazemi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 11:28:51 EDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 5:02 PM, McGill, Monica
<mmcgill at bumail.bradley.edu>wrote:

> 1) Nearby hotels. Hotels within safe walking distance that only cost an

> arm,

> not necessarily an arm and a leg!!! Due to costs, at this point I am opting

> to have students 4 to a room, one room would be for male students and the

> other for females. I'm open to other suggestions to cut down on costs.

In previous years I've booked at The Pickwick: it's about 2 blocks away, but
off the beaten path. It's run me as little as $89/night, which for the
immediate area around the conference center is great.

> 2) Inexpensive food options for students.

There's plenty of fast food within walking distance if they're willing to
eat gross stuff. For really good, slightly better food, I like Wichcraft,
which is right around the corner and runs about $11 for lunch IIRC.

> 3) Help with registration costs, other than the early bird registration.

Can't help you there (assuming you've looked at the IGDA Scholars program
and the CA (conference associate) program).

> 6) Anything else you can think of!

They should read my networking articles :)

http://tinysubversions.com/effective-networking/