[game_edu] Codecademy

Steve Graham skudge at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 14:52:59 EDT 2012

I've done a little work with it. I think it does a fairly good job, but
it may not be complete enough to use easily with 6th graders. I've used
it with adult learners and heard the complaint that it occasionally
takes leaps which are too big with too little content. As long as there
is supplemental material or (preferably and) a live teacher to assist
with such gaps, I think it might work well.

cheers,
skg

On 6/3/2012 3:21 PM, Suzanne Freyjadis wrote:

> Hi Game Education SIG!

> Has anyone heard of or used Codecademy <http://www.codecademy.com/>?

> I'm putting together a program for 6^th grade students and I'm

> wondering if anyone has had any success with this site.

> Thanks,

> Suzanne

> *Suzanne Freyjadis*

> Freyjadis at austin.rr.com <mailto:Freyjadis at austin.rr.com>