[game_edu] 2d vs 3d

Mike Sellers mike at onlinealchemy.com
Sat Mar 10 19:46:42 EST 2012

Generally speaking 3D will double the amount of time it takes to get to
usable art assets, and often double the amount of time needed to program
on-screen interactions.

That said, some exposure to 3D (likely via Unity) in an advanced course
would be worthwhile. But for the most part, if your program is truly
focusing on game *design*, don't get distracted by issues like 3D: almost
any good design should be representable in 2D rather than 3D, and can be
developed faster.

Mike Sellers