[game_edu] Unity Boot Camp Courses Offered This Spring

Joel McKown joel at design3.com
Tue Mar 13 15:31:22 EDT 2012

We're excited to announce that we're offering our first ever Unity Boot
Camp courses this Spring in San Francisco. Spend two days with our
expert instructors to learn Unity, enhance your workflow and get
exposure to hot jobs in the industry.

Our first two courses are:

*Unity for Programmers*- An intermediate to advanced two day Unity
development course intended for programmers (regardless of language)
with experience developing games and/or apps on non-Unity platforms.
Topics include: Supported languages and limitations, blended coding
opportunities, Unity development paradigm (GameObject-Component
relationship), common development tasks applied in Unity, editor
scripting, Unity-specific tricks and shortcuts.

*Unity for Artists*- An intensive, beginner level two day Unity
development course, intended for intermediate 2D and/or 3D graphic
artists. Topics include: a breakdown of supported Unity file formats and
best practices for preparing them prior to import, controlling assets
and accessing their components within the Unity editor, known
limitations with several asset conversion work-flows and a "thinking
like a developer" breakdown of common production issues and ways to
avoid them.

With both courses you'll also have the opportunity to talk one-on-one
with a game recruiter.

Learn more and sign-up:http://www.design3.com/pro-dev/bootcamp

We hope to see you there!

Regards,