[game_edu] 4see - A game that teaches team building to change the world by Nathan Maton

Nathan Maton nate.maton at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 14:20:33 EDT 2012

Hi IGDA EDU -

I wanted to send you an update on our kickstarter campaign! We're now over
6k and have several other updates for you if you read below. We won't be
able to make 4see happen without you. Our next goal is 8k by Friday!
Thanks for reading about it as we push on towards reaching our funding
goal.

Best,
Nathan
Project Update #3: We're over 6k! Join our +1 Club, early game access with
our Activist Army and more…
<http://www.kickstarter.com:/projects/945738280/4see/posts/193258?ref=email&show_token=3a7daa6322e45616>
Posted by Nathan Maton[image:
Like]<http://www.kickstarter.com:/projects/945738280/4see/posts/193258?ref=email&show_token=3a7daa6322e45616#modal_dialog:facebook-like-dialog>

It has been an exciting few days for our campaign thanks to all of you!
We've now been in the popular this week video games page for over 24 hours
and have our eyes on the Kickstarter homepage. Additionally we've had *Jane
McGonigal* back our project, are having educators from around the country
start to message us about the value they see in our project and have had *Alex
Peake from Code Hero* which just raised nearly $200k here on Kickstarter
offer his support and back the project!

Some of the exciting moments were:

1) Meghan Ventura from our gaming community here in DC with the best tweet
for our campaign to date:

2) Alex Peake pow wowing with us for 30 minutes from San Francisco to give
us some great campaign tips.

3) Several educational professionals who we don't know reaching out to us
and saying: "How can I help beyond just pledging financially! I see major
alignment to the Common Core, 21st Century Skills and other educational
reform efforts." - *our game is part of even bigger movements than we
thought!*

4) Our first *media hit*. InTheCapital got the scoop: http://j.mp/GAFlLE -
Help us get more of this!

*All of this is to say that the momentum is building*. We've grown from
24% of our goal to 37% in two days! People are starting to see how
important and hard team building can be and how powerful games can be in
this regard. Our support is starting to look like the infamous internet
hockey stick graph. Let's make the uptake of Twitter look like peanuts
compared to ours. Help us continue to make it happen. We are now at your
mercy.

[Let's make our graph look like this]

For the next 20 days, we'll be doing everything we can to continue to get
the word out, so if any of you have ideas about ways that I should be doing
that - places I should show up and present, blogs or lists I should appeal
to, group I should speak to - please let me know. I'm taking your pledges
to mean that you're excited to see this project happen, so as thankful as I
am that you've pledged your support already (and did I mention thanks for
that? Because, again, thanks!) I want to ask you to continue to be on the
4see activist army for the next month if you can, and be on the lookout for
ways to spread the project link out to other people who may want to get on
board.

*With any ask, we've got new things to offer too*. First, we're launching
our *+1 and +5 clubs*. If you can get one additional backer to join our
project we'll give you a +1 4see badge to show how awesome you are. If you
can get 5 additional backers we'll give you a +5 4see badge and take you
out for lunch if you're in DC. Just let us know which backers pledged
because of your outreach and we'll add you to our clubs.

Finally we're also eating our own medicine, *in game form*. Since we're
building a team for an activist project (this campaign) we've decided to
play our own game to make it happen. We've now started a Facebook group
called the 4see activist army
here<http://www.facebook.com/groups/397661110262942/>- your first
mission is to join this group. I'll be on chat there as
much as possible over the next 20 days. We'll be play testing parts of our
game on this group throughout the campaign to give you a flavor of what
we'll be doing.

Thanks for everything. We're terribly excited to see where it goes.

-Nathan and Ala'

*Care to comment?* View this update on Kickstarter →
<http://www.kickstarter.com:/projects/945738280/4see/posts/193258?ref=email&show_token=3a7daa6322e45616>

This is a copy of the email notification that your backers receive.
KICKSTARTER <http://www.kickstarter.com:/?ref=email>

--
Support our kickstarter
campaign!<http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/945738280/4see>