[game_edu] Books on Virtual Worlds?

Gregory Walek gwalek at ccsnh.edu
Wed Mar 21 15:03:22 EDT 2012

Don 't get caught up on the "World Building" term.. it's just another term for Level design. And the fundamentals of level design apply everywhere!

I currently use the following book to teach the fundamentals.

Game Development Essentials: Game Level Design
Travis Castillo, Jeannie Novak
http://www.amazon.com/Game-Development-Essentials-Level-Design/dp/1401878644

One thing I love about this book is they go through the process of building from concept to actually building.