[game_edu] Guest Post: The Importance of Ethical Video Game Design (Sheri Rubin)

Janice Hertel janicehertel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 10:35:11 EDT 2012

In our Video Game Design program, the Game Design III course (which is 5
hours per week for one semester) focuses on Serious Games. Projects include
designing an inspirational serious game (board game or activity) and
creating an educational mini video game. Usually only one or two students
is interested in this from the start, but by the end there is a "buy in" of
90%. I would say that in some cases the course helps the students to mature
as game designers. It increases positiveness in attitude by 90% .(based on
a survey)
- Janice