[game_edu] Students Writing Game Apps

coachpayne at aol.com coachpayne at aol.com
Wed May 9 08:38:28 EDT 2012

I'm interested in having students write games for learning math and, in my case, physics, and to have them run on mobile devices. I've used App Inventor before, but I'm wondering if there are other programs/software/IDEs that students, particularly middle school-aged and older, might find appropriate in producing apps. They've written games in Scratch, Alice, and other environments, but there is an interest in apps for phones, Android and iOS, as well as iPads and other mobile devices.

Thanks.

Charlie Payne
Teacher of Physics
St. Catherine's School