[game_edu] GameMaker vs. Scratch

Allan Fowler Allan.Fowler at waiariki.ac.nz
Wed Sep 12 22:47:07 EDT 2012

Hi Curvus,

I have used Game Maker, Scratch, and Kodu Game Lab in both High Schools and Middle Schools. They all have strengths and weaknesses. But if the goal to teach programming concepts, then Scratch or Kodu Game Lab would be a good choice for the younger students. Game Maker is also a good choice, but I use this with more senior students.

There are other choices worth considering and in my opinion Visual Basic is also a very good tool for teaching programming concepts to High School students.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Allan Fowler

Message: 1