[game_edu] New Book

George D. Phillies phillies at WPI.EDU
Wed Feb 27 17:02:53 EST 2013

Actually, I will be doing a series of four of them, at about 150 pages
(but 150 full color figures) each.

The objective is to demonstrate that when the complete rules for the game
are known one can do much deeper tactical analysis.

I am using the classic Avalon Hill board wargame Stalingrad as the
demonstration model. The book also includes a complete explanation of the
rules (play by computer using e.g. ZunTzu.com download, allowing you to
introduce students to serious board wargames as opposed to very light
board wargames like Risk.

For Amazon Kindle, in one piece for $4.99:
http://www.amazon.com/Stalingrad-Beginners-Studies-Design-ebook/dp/B00B3BTWKY

On Smashwords, in two pieces each at $2.99
Stalingrad for Beginners - How to Play
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/279308
Stalingrad for Beginners - Basic Tactics
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/280322
Smashwords gives as formats:
HTML, .mobi, Epub, PDF, RTF, LRF (older model Sony Readers), Palm Doc
(PDB), and Plain Text.
...George Phillies