[game_edu] IGDA Now Taking Applications for E3 Scholarships

Heather Decker-Davis heathermdecker at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 22:35:22 EDT 2013

The IGDA is pleased to announce that we are now taking applications for
Scholarships to attend E3. The deadline for applications is 2 April.

The Electronics Entertainment Expo is one of the most important events of
the game industry's calendar, as one of the largest trade shows. Students
will get an opportunity to see the AAA marketing machine up close, as well
as get some behind-the-scenes insight into how it functions. As with all
our scholarships, we will also provide successful applicants with
mentorship from established industry professionals as well as the
opportunity to tour local studios and meet developers. Applications are
based on a series of very short mini-essays, and will be judged by a panel
of experts drawn from across the industry.

The scholarships are an excellent way for students to kickstart their
career, by being selected as one of the "best and brightest" of those
studying topics related to game development around the world. We would
greatly appreciate your help to spread the word around relevant
institutions, chapters and other groups.

Thank you,

Heather M Decker-Davis
On behalf of the IGDA Scholarships Committee