[game_edu] Faculty Position in Serious Games at WPI

Charles Rich rich at WPI.EDU
Sun Nov 2 17:10:17 EST 2014

Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Interactive Media & Game Development Program

Open Rank Tenured / Tenure Track Faculty Position in Serious Games – July
2015

Balance: teaching & research, theory & practice, work & play, engineering,
art & design. Balance is the concept that best encapsulates life as a WPI
IMGD faculty member. If this sounds like a place for you, please join us.

The WPI Interactive Media & Game Development (IMGD) Program (
http://imgd.wpi.edu/) seeks to hire a tenure-track faculty member at the
Assistant Professor level to start July 1, 2015. Candidates should hold a
terminal degree at the time of appointment in any related discipline and
should have a research focus in Serious Games.

WPI is very well positioned for the development of Serious Games in
education through our Learning Sciences & Technologies Program (
http://www.wpi.edu/academics/lst.html), and in health-related areas through
our multi-university Healthcare Delivery Institute (
http://www.wpi.edu/research/hdi.html). We welcome candidates with interests
in these and other Serious Games areas. Successful candidates will have a
clear plan to establish a research program within IMGD, seek external
research funding, and participate in teaching at both the graduate and
undergraduate levels. Exceptional candidates may be hired at the Associate
or Full Professor level .

Established in 2005, the IMGD Program is a collaborative venture between
the Computer Science and the Humanities & Arts Departments, combining the
technical and artistic aspects of game development in a balanced approach
that is bound together by the importance of design. The 12 core and 9
additional affiliated IMGD faculty members bring diverse skills and
experience to the teaching and scholarship of all things interactive. The
IMGD Program enjoys strong support from the university and has
state-of-the-art space and equipment for designing, creating, and
evaluating next-generation interactive experiences.

We expect successful candidates to contribute to the exceptionally
close-knit, collaborative, and collegial atmosphere we currently enjoy.

Founded in 1865, WPI is one of the nation’s oldest technological
universities. Today, WPI is a highly selective private university with an
undergraduate student body of over 4,000 and 1,900 full- and part-time
graduate students enrolled in more than 50 Bachelor’s, Master’s and Ph.D.
programs. WPI is consistently ranked among the top national universities in
U.S. News & World Report. Its innovative project-enriched curriculum
engages students and faculty in real-world problem solving, often at one of
WPI’s project centers. The university is located in the heart of
Massachusetts an hour away from Boston and Providence.

To Apply:
If balance is what you are after, please apply for our open faculty
position. Applicants should submit a cover letter with details about their
research goals and teaching philosophy, vitae, and contact information for
at least three references. Applications should be received by December 15,
2014. Applications will be reviewed as they are received; therefore,
applicants are encouraged to apply early. Apply here:
http://apptrkr.com/525169

Questions about the hiring process should be sent to imgd-recruit at wpi.edu.

To enrich education through diversity, WPI is an affirmative action, equal
opportunity employer. – See more at:
https://chroniclevitae.com/jobs/0000851037-01#sthash.Fr9Ex41a.dpuf