[game_edu] The Computer Games Journal 2014 v3(2/3)

John Sutherland john.sutherland at member.tiga.org
Thu Nov 6 10:51:57 EST 2014

We're glad to announce that the final, double, edition of The Computer Games
Journal will be published early next week.  As has been usual, all content is
free.

There will be eight extended papers based on first class undergraduate and
graduate Computer Games dissertations.  The papers have been reworked by The
Computer Games Journal staff in collaboration with the graduates.  We do this in
our own time because we believe that this is a cutting edge of new ideas and
developments in games research.  This is the third year tCGJ has published these
works and we hope to continue to do so in coming years.

For the first time tCGJ will also be publishing a series of thought-provoking
essays from leading field thinkers in Computer Games and related media studies.
As for the reworked dissertations, work has come in from across the globe,
reflecting the range of backgrounds and locations of Video Games-related
thinkers.

We will be making the work available via the Journal's website, social media
sites and popular e-publication sites.  This marks the end of the beginning of
tCGJ.  Having proved the concept of a high quality Video Games journal which
looks beyond current significant issues, from 2015 we move into a new era within
the Springer Science+Business media stable.  All future editions of The Computer
Games Journal will be bundled in with leading research publications, such as
LNCS, and will be fully weighted and distributed through worldwide research
media databases.  Work on tCGJ v4(1) is almost complete for March 2015
publication, with ample scope for more submissions which will be considered for
publication in the further three editions in 2015.

We hope that readers will find the pieces in tCGJ 3(2/3) challenging and
worthwhile.  We look forward to working more closely with Video Games
researchers across the world from 2015 and beyond.

Dr John N Sutherland, BSc(Glasgow) MSc(St Andrews) EdD(distinction,Edinburgh)
CTh(Tilsely) CEng MBCS
Editor-in-Chief, The Computer Games Journal
Springer Science+Business Media, New York, USA.

editor at computergamesjournal.com
computergamesjournal.com

twitter.com/CompGameJou
facebook.com/ComputerGamesJournal