[game_edu] IGDA Scholarships to GDC Europe & Gamescom -1 Month Left to Apply

Molly Proffitt molly at igda.org
Tue Apr 7 17:36:30 EDT 2015

Calling all Educators and Student Advocates,

There is less than one month left until applications to be an IGDA Scholar
at GDC Europe & Gamescom 2015 are due! GDC Europe will take place 3-4
August and Gamescom from 5-9 August, 2015 in Cologne, Germany. Students
from undergrad to PhD programs interested in going into the games industry
are eligible for this opportunity. We accept applicants in any area of
study related to gaming, including law and business.

Here is information you can share with those interested:

-----

The IGDA Scholarship Program is a 14 year old program that kick-starts
careers of the best and brightest students entering the games industry.
This program awards scholarships to select individuals who apply.
Scholarship winners will receive:

· A *Conference Pass* to GDC Europe & Gamescom.

· *Mentorship*: A veteran, industry mentor assigned to the scholarship
recipient based on the field of his or her study. This mentor meets with
them during the conference, helps them network, and maintains a
relationship with the student throughout his or her career.

· *Booth Tours / Special Events*: This is specific to E3 and Gamescom.
During Gamescom 2014, students met with Lewis Brown from EA about how to
get into industry, spoke with Tim Symons from Nintendo Europe about
publishing with Nintendo, sat down with industry legend Don Daglow, and
received special access to the Sony Press Conference.

· *Q&A Sessions*: We invite students to speak to veterans and developers in
Q&A meetings. In 2014 our GDC Europe & Gamescom scholars had the
opportunity to speak with industry luminaries including Brenda and John
Romero, Oculus Product Lead Joe Chen, and Microsoft Tech Evangelist Lee
Stott!

Applications for GDC Europe & Gamescom 2015 are due the *5th of May 2015*!
Visit: http://scholars.igda.org/how-to-apply/ to apply. For general
information visit http://scholars.igda.org! And follow us on Twitter
@IGDA_scholars <http://twitter.com/igda_scholars> for updates.

Best,
Molly

--

*Molly Proffitt*IGDA Scholarships Coordinator

*IGDA Scholarships*Email: molly at igda.org | Website: *http://scholars.igda.org/
<http://scholars.igda.org/>*
Office: +1 615 478 0814 | Twitter: @IGDA_scholars
<https://twitter.com/IGDA_Scholars?original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fscholars.igda.org%2F&profile_id=962134412&tw_i=486992056770785280&tw_p=embeddedtimeline&tw_w=469923464183160832>