[game_edu] The Springer Computer Games Journal

Dr John N Sutherland john at sutherlandpress.com
Mon Jul 20 10:18:26 EDT 2015

I am happy to announce that the transition from independent to big-stable
has now been successfully completed for The Computer Games Journal.  The
first edition of the new-look journal is now up and viewable at:

http://link.springer.com/journal/40869

This change will allow tCGJ to become a rated journal, with all the
benefits that this will have for Computer Games academics, particularly as
it will be bundled in with the established subscriber-base of such as
LNCS.  In its previous independent instantiation it achieved over 30,000
downloads and reads of papers for the first three volumes.  tCGJ continues
to invite papers which explore radical new thinking and research in the
still very new field of Video Games.  The Senior Editors continue to
explore possible new avenues for scholarship on their popular monthly blog
at:

http://compgamejou.blogspot.co.uk

tCGJ can also be followed and contacted via Twitter
(https://twitter.com/compgamejou), FaceBook
(https://www.facebook.com/ComputerGamesJournal) and LinkedIn
(https://www.linkedin.com/grp/home?gid=4182192.)

Following the publication of tCGJ 2015 4(1/2) this month, we currently
have a call open for new papers for consideration for publication in 2015.
 We wish to continue our approach of aiming for the highest quality and
the most rapid publication for the foreseeable future, reflecting our
novel field of scholarship.  Follow the Springer website link above for
submission details.

Previous editions of The Computer Games Journal continue to be freely
available at:

http://computergamesjournal.com/

I look forward to hearing from a range of new and established games
scholars in the coming weeks, months and years.

John.

--
Dr John N Sutherland BSc(Gla) MSc(StA) EdD(Edin,dist) CTh(Tils) CEng MBCS
Editor-in-Chief, The Computer Games Journal