[game_edu] DSGA applications

Warren E Spector warren.spector at austin.utexas.edu
Wed Jun 3 10:20:31 EDT 2015

I'm sure I've emailed this list before, but I wanted to remind everyone that the Denius-Sams Gaming Academy at the University of Texas is accepting applications for the 2015-2016 school year.

I truly believe that our post-baccalaureate certificate program complements other game development programs rather than competing with them and hope you will help me get the word out. As a relatively new program, we don't have the wherewithal to spread the word as broadly as we'd like and, obviously, we need to reach as many potential students as possible.

I, and the University, would very much appreciate it if you could see your way clear to post some information about the program to your alumni mailing lists, Facebook and LinkedIn pages as well as personal social media.

Here's a high level overview of the program for potential applicants:

The Denius-Sams Gaming Academy at the University of Texas at Austin is looking for students. The DSGA, a post-baccalaureate certificate program run by games industry veteran, Warren Spector, accepts 20 students a year and teaches them the concepts and practice of game development leadership. The program is free - no tuition - and each student receives a $10,000 stipend. Applicants must have experience working as members of a game team (at the college or professional level) and must demonstrate the ability to contribute to a team as a programmer, artist or designer. DSGA graduates have found jobs at Telltale Games, 2K Games, Turbine, Inc., Disney Interactive, Certain Affinity and others. If this sounds interesting to you, you can find more information or apply at the DSGA website (http://moody.utexas.edu/gaming-academy). If you have additional questions, contact the DSGA at DSGA at austin.utexas.edu.

Thanks very much.

Warren Spector
Director, Denius-Sams Gaming Academy
Moody College of Communication