[game_edu] Text for High Schools

coachpayne at aol.com coachpayne at aol.com
Tue Feb 14 11:49:45 EST 2017

I'm initiating a request to introduce a course in game design at our state school of math and science. The  school is public and residential, and is composed of juniors and seniors who apply and are selected through a rigorous process emphasizing math and science skills. If the course is accepted, it would probably be taught in the humanities department, and include many types of games, from board and role-playing to video, including an historical perspective. Is there a textbook that you would recommend for such a course. I've used Brathwaite and Schreiber in the past, with many others as resources, but that's been a half-dozen years. I'd love suggestions from this group!

Thank you.
--

Charlie Payne, MEd

Instructor of Physics, Computational Physics

Head Cross Country Coach
USATF Level II Coach: Endurance Specialty
USATF Level I Coach: Track and Field

NORTH CAROLINA SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS
1219 Broad Street | Durham, NC 27705-3577 | 123.456.7890
Igniting innovation, cultivating community. | NCSSM.EDU