[games_access] workplace diversity question

hinn at uiuc.edu hinn at uiuc.edu
Sun Jul 3 11:49:21 EDT 2005

Yeah clinical depression is considered a mental illness,
along with bipolar depression (also called manic
depression).

I wondered about having "mental illness" on there but I
think it helps people see that we aren't talking about other
cognitive disorders. This prevents someone, say, with
depression from putting down cognitive disorder, which would
skew the results.

I like the wording as well and I like the "yes, but prefer
not to specify" answer. We should maybe stay consistant then
and use the same wording in the SIG's gamer servey.
Hopefully with the gamer survey you are heading up, we'll
have more people specify disability areas. It's exciting to
have two surveys going -- the IGDA one will help give us a
rough idea of how many people with disabilities are in the
workplace.

Michelle