[games_access] Interesting Forum Question

AudioGames.net richard at audiogames.net
Wed Aug 9 02:19:13 EDT 2006

Hi,

We recently added more video-links on the Game-Accessibility.com website and we also have new people joining the forum. We received the following question:

"Can anybody recommend activities/games that are appropriate for a young man to
assist in learning two-switch step scanning? He uses a hand switch to advance a
scan on an augmentative communication device, and a head switch to "select" a
scanned picture. There are cognitive issues, and motor planning/motor control
challenges. He has needed physical assist to stop activating the hand switch
(seems to be playing with it at times) and verbal prompting to select with his
head. We are exploring switches and switch placement for the less controlled
hand movement- but need some motivating activities that will encourage use of
both switches in meaningful ways. thanks."

http://www.game-accessibility.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=86

Does anyone have an answer?

Greets,

Richard