[games_access] If Looks Could Kill - An Evaluation of Eye Tracking in Computer Games - more good stuff from Sweden

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Fri Jun 30 11:00:50 EDT 2006

Thought I'd forward this - good thing to add to Game-Accessibility.com I
would say...

Hi Barrie,

Thanks for your email. Our eye tracker can be used to control computer games
in different ways.

With our eye control application MyTobii (designed for people with limited
mobility), you can control the cursor with your eyes. The cursor simply
follows your fixations on the monitor. This eye control can often be used in
simple games. More advanced games that use DirectX often "take over" the
cursor control from Windows.

You can also use our Software Development Kit (SDK) to develop eye
controlled games from scratch.

I've tried the game you mentioned with MyTobii. It works - I'm able to
control the object with my eyes. Unfortunately, since I control the cursor
with the eyes, it comes right in the way of the object. This can be a bit
distracting.

If you're interested in eye controlled computer games, you can have a look
at my thesis report at:

http://www.nada.kth.se/utbildning/grukth/exjobb/rapportlistor/2005/rapporter05/jonsson_erika_05125.pdf

Best regards,

Erika Jönsson