[games_access] Gamasutra Article

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Fri Mar 31 13:59:32 EST 2006

As Reid mentioned recently (http://gamescc.rbkdesign.com/03.20.06_gdc.php)  after meeting up with Jonathan Hassell at the BBC, the legal aspect in the UK may be of interest. This may well tie up with US Disability Rights legislation now or eventually. I think it would be well worth mentioning some of the BBC's pages on accessible gaming. A few links here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/games/index.shtml - main portal to the BBC's games - search on "Switch Games"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ouch/closeup/gaming.shtml - Accessible Gaming page
http://www.bbc.co.uk/ouch/closeup/switchgaming_guideto.shtml - Switch Gaming page (loads of good links - including to us)

Barrie