[games_access] Sony message

Reid Kimball rkimball at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 14:16:20 EST 2006

Send them a complimentry CD (the one Thomas made) so they can check
out the examples and the white papers.

For now, they can read my CC Guidelines doc to get them thinking about
CC in their games.

CC Guidelines:
http://game.rbkdesign.com/index.php/CC_Guidelines

Why Games Need Closed Captioning Op-Ed:
http://gamescc.rbkdesign.com/arti-views/captioning_in_games.php

Interview with Valve regarding the closed captioning in Half-Life 2:
http://gamescc.rbkdesign.com/arti-views/valve_interview_cc.php

Ask them why most games don't allow completely remappable controls on consoles.

Have them ask if someone working on a game has color blindness. It's
very common and they are bound to find someone who does. They can talk
to them about how it affects their play if a game uses certain color
schemes. Just the other day most of us on the team learned that
someone has color blindness. We didn't know before, but now we do and
its something we're going to be aware of from now on.

-Reid