[games_access] Re: BBC: One in Five

Jonathan Chetwynd j.chetwynd at btinternet.com
Wed May 24 11:39:29 EDT 2006

Richard,

regarding sound, as with other things web I prefer 'free' and don't
use flash on that basis, recently I've investigated WHATWG Audio. I
hadn't spotted the refresh issue, what do you see? What browser and
operating system are you using?
I tried #mysound {display: none;} but that won't work so have added:
#mysound {visibility: hidden; width:0em; height:0em;}
in fact IE 6 wouldn't accept that so fell back on
#mysound {width:0em; height:0em;}
probably doesn't help, but could you check?

on the colour, this is a little difficult, but given that one wants
to provide a single background with three foregrounds: active,
passive and visited it's not easy to find solutions. Perhaps you
could suggest one?
I may have brightened the purple since your last visit and darkened
the backgrounds. Also the colour tools don't have quite the ease of
use of some accessibility tools, finally the results can be harsh on
the eye, and might better be left to user style sheets, or as a high
contrast option, which this seems to be turning into...

finally I had hoped to check out the possibility of text on top of
the images, but may not find the time...

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd